We have received many questions about postal delivery in times of Corona. We know that reliable mail reception is necessary to maintain smooth operations even in a difficult situation - like the one we are currently experiencing. We would be happy to share with you what measures we have taken.
The most important things in advance:
- Mail delivery is part of the critical infrastructure worth protecting. We assume that it would also be exempted in the event of a curfew. Our employees have already been provided with appropriate verification ("passes").
- Currently, all employees at CAYA are doing well. Nobody is infected and we are in a position to provide our services without disruption.
Catalogue of measures to maintain our performance:
- All employees who are not necessary for the operational process (logistics and scan) are working from home.
- All meetings take place exclusively as video or telephone conferences.
- Strict hygiene regulations and provision of disinfectants for all employees in the scan centres.
- Introduction of two separate shifts in the scan centres. If employees on one shift become infected, the other team can continue working. Between shifts, all workstations are disinfected.
- Currently, your mail is being digitized in two scan centres in Berlin. A third scan centre is available as a backup in case one of the active scan centres should fail.
- We are in close contact with the postal companies in order to offer you an uninterrupted service.
About CAYA: CAYA makes it possible to digitally receive and process letter mail regardless of location. This makes it easier to work remotely or in quarantine, for example.